Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Monday in Auckland

Hi,

What a lovely place to visit.  I love being in Auckland.  It's like being somewhere exotic.  Tall buildings.  Slightly different trees.  Warmer.  After work, Ange and I went to Devonport to explore and find a cafe for dinner.  We found Manuka Cafe and enjoyed a lovely meal.  Ange heard about my fascination with feet - well, my own feet really. Everyone else's feet pale in comparison.  But she asked for me to take a photo of her feet and promptly took off her shoes.  I couldn't say no.

Ange's feet on the footpath in Devonport

Back to the hotel and it turns out I was upgraded (as was Ange) to a suite.  I had a full kitchen, a lounge and a bedroom with a massive bed.

The view from my room

The expansive view of my king-sized bed

I slept like a log.  With the curtains open.  Enjoyed the view upon waking too.  I showered and got changed.  I used the hotel hair dryer and discovered I have no idea about drying hair and now I look like I have 70s or 80s boofy hair.  Yep - I am channeling Farah Fawcett today.

Iced coffee at Honey cafe in Takapuna - the best iced coffee ever?


Met Ange for breakfast - and believe me, I appreciate her getting up so early to get to a cafe before work.  It's not her thing.  Mornings, I mean.  She isn't full of vigour in the mornings as a rule.

I had an iced coffee at Honey - just across the road from work in Auckland.  In Huron St, Takapuna.  It might very well be the best iced coffee ever.  I am giving it a 9.5 out of 10.  Just to give myself leeway.  It had a good texture, consistency was good, not too sweet, strong enough coffee taste.

Right.  Time to get stuck in.  Flight back to Wellington at 7.10pm this evening.  Should touch down just after 8pm.  Apparently into a fierce wind, and rain, by all accounts.

Have a fantastic day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment