Thursday, November 27, 2014

The Wednesday with nothing for me

Hi,

I rode home and found Toby at home already.  I sorted out dinner for him and he scoffed the whole lot.  I can't keep up with him at the moment.  He's eating like a horse.

I exchanged texts with Aidan at one point (she was having an epic day involving driving to Palmerston North, back to Waikanae, swapping the car with Josh, catching the train home and looking at a taxi ride home to relieve the babysitter) and jumped in the car and collected her from the train station.

I have a new bike computer - one that works on GPS.  So I was testing it out on the drive to the station, back to Aidan's house and then ours.  14km round trip.  I wouldn't have guessed it was quite that much, but there you go.  I also now know the elevation of the trip.  And my average speed (22km - city driving is quite slow!).  Loving the new bike computer.

I have set it up for the Round Taupo race this Saturday already.  It will alert me at 3.5 hours, and 80 km.  Kinda hoping that will be around the same time.  Then I am on track for a better time than last year.

Mike got home from tramping club stuff.  I would have collected from from there while I was out and about, but he'd left his cellphone at home all day.

Ride in this morning was great.  Windy and dry.  Very nice.  Tomorrow morning I am leaving with the Corolla for Taupo.  It's about 5 hours drive.  I'll find the house and the keys and set myself up.  Christine should be there about that time too.  And Andrew should be in a bit later in the night.  Better leave him some pasta for his refueling.

I am very excited.  Bit worried I haven't done enough preparation.  But my times on my rides have been similar to last year at this time.  So, who knows?  Hopefully the day isn't too windy.  Don't mind rain.  Just don't like the wind.

I'll let you know on Monday morning how it all went.

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment