Monday, November 17, 2014

The weekend by myself

Hi,

Well, I managed to drop Mike, Toby and Sally at the airport on Friday evening for their flight to Dunedin and Andrew and I went back into town.  It was Carl's leaving drinks and we went to Bethel Woods.  Andrew and I stayed for a few hours before escaping to find somewhere to eat.  I mentioned Charley Noble and Andrew was keen.  It was such a fantastic meal.  I had the lamb (and it would convert Aidan - she hates lamb) and it was perfection.  Andrew had duck ragout in thick ribbon pasta and it was delicious.  We shared a starter of raw, marinated fish with horseradish.  It was soooo good.

I dropped Andrew home and collected my bike from work and then fell into a coma.  Well, I watched a movie that made me comatose.  I woke up and found out it had started again.  Woke up Saturday for my exercise class with Aidan.  It was such a good time.  It is called Barre and the one I went to is here:  Barre  Yep - great fun.  I could manage most things and I wasn't too sore afterwards although stairs were noticeable.

Back home and off to take the wee green car in for a WoF.  At the WoF station I met Nicky from work sitting her motorcycle theory test and Josh, getting his nice new car warranted.  Our car failed its WoF due to a nail in the back tyre.  So off to Tony's Tyres to get it sorted.  As he pulled it out, it started to leak so I had to wait for a decent fix.  They did it for free - and were very nice to me.  I am going back there!  We use them anyway.  But they didn't know that.  Back to the WoF place and got the sticker.  Home via the supermarket then off to collect Carl and take him there too.  It was his BBQ day.

He was hungover from his drinks the night before.  The BBQ was lovely, but quiet.  Hahahah.  I chatted to Brent and Peach ( their flatmate - and her real name).  Back home for another movie and then sleep.

Up early Sunday for a bike ride.  Got the front tyre nice and hard after a kerfuffle with the hand pump I carry.  I used the floor pump and it worked fine.  Got 20 km out and heard a "pop!" and a fast hiss and the front tyre deflated spectacularly.  Pulled up pretty quick and went about fixing it. Twenty minutes later I was riding again and had no more issues.  Glad I could finally sort out the hand pump.

Rode up to Trentham and over into Whitemans Valley and back home.  4 hours.  It was ok but today I feel super tired.  No energy.

Andrew collected me just after 7pm and we picked up the intrepid Gilberts from the airport.  They had had a great weekend in Dunedin.

Went for my run (first one in weeks because of my dumb cold) and it was so tough.  Only ran 2 km.  But hopefully I'll be back to normal on Wednesday.



Toby had a bad night sleeping and Mike is working from home with Toby off school today.  And we have an appointment at his school with teachers,

Right.  Have a great week.

Love,
Angela
All the medicines at my desk for this stupid cold I had.  It's almost gone now

No comments:

Post a Comment