Friday, February 13, 2009

And good morning from me

Yeah, I didn't sleep much, maybe because of the frenetic tax prep work I was doing in the evening, but maybe because Angela bought me a pint of V at 4pm! Oops. But yes, it has its advantages because I got to watch the TRACTOR PULLING on ESPN at 2:30am. Fantastic! Almost as good as the truck trials on Eurosport. Truck trials? Well, it's trials. But you drive a truck instead of a motorbike. And it goes just as badly as I'm sure you're thinking it would!

But Toby and I had a particularly good morning this morning. He was up bright and early and bushy tailed at 7am, and we actually got out of the house EARLY! When we walked in Toby really wanted to show me 'his school'. He was so proud - is that the right word? - to show me everything. I met his teacher, and he took me around and showed me all the things in his routine - his hook where he hangs his bag, the shelf where he puts his drink bottle, the artwork he's done that's hanging from the ceiling, his seat with his chair bag and his pencil case... it was great.

Angela was waiting for the bus at 7am when the neighbour across the road gave her lift into town. Her name is Maureen - a very friendly neighbour! And the same thing happened to me - just as I was coming back home I bumped into our neighbours-with-the-fresh-baby and they gave me a ride down the hill. Fiona grew up here and went to Wadestown Side School and Main School too. She told me a terrible nightmare that she used to have when she went to the side school - that she'd walk all the way up Weld street (which is VERY steep - even for Wellington), and she'd go to cross the road at the top (which is the only place that you're allowed to) - but the road was covered in grease, so she'd slide all the way back down to the bottom, and have to walk back up to the top again, but then she'd slide down and .... AAAAHHHGGGG wake up screaming in her bed. That's an incredibly detailed and complex nightmare for a six year old ay!! Wonder what Freud would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment