Monday, February 23, 2009

Good morning on Monday, Feb 23

Hi,

The wonderful month of February is flying by. Less than a week and it is done and dusted for another year. Does everyone love February or is it just me because it happens to be my birthday month?

I think Scott's party went well - we got a brief email saying photos would be forthcoming. I'm hoping for video footage as well.

Mike had a damp old time tramping in the Kaimanawas but he enjoyed the company of strangers (apart from Kara who is not a stranger) and has pencilled us in for a weekend at Mt Ruapehu where I get to climb up to the crater. Eeeek. The weather cheated him of good views apparently - he got horizontal rain on the ride tops instead of pleasant river valley walking.

Toby and I had a ball at the weekend. Friday night was off to a good (or is that bad) start with us joining Dad, Joe and Roz at the rugby to watch the Highlanders take on the Hurricanes. Toby decided he'd support both teams as he lives in Wellington. Fair enough. With less than 10 mins to go, the Hurricanes scored a converted try to draw level with the Highlanders and Toby and I were keen for a draw. But with 1.5 mins to go, the Hurricanes got a try and won. Toby burst into tears and sobbed as happy Hurricane supporters passed us. He looked as I felt! Heheheh.

Mike rang Toby and me at 7.30am the next morning as we were still snoozing. This got us up nice and early and we left to go to Toby's first swimming lesson of the year at Huia Pool near Sally and Andrew's place. We got there early but I missed the start of his lesson as we were assuming he was in the Octopus class on the near side of the pool, not realising there was another Octopus class on the far side. His teacher, Amber, is a dragon lady and the pupils have to do exactly as they are told. They can't play in the water when it's not their turn. They have to stand with their backs to the pool wall watching the others. And she then barks orders at them as they swim. But she is very good at it. And she will teach Toby to swim well compared to his others teachers who have taught him to play well. When Toby got out he ran to me and said it was great fun. First time he has ever said that after his lesson.

Then we went to buy Ryan a birthday present. And had lunch with Sally and Andrew. Andrew started demolishing the bathroom between lunch courses. I got chocolate cake and a present - a great map book.

Then Toby and I were off to Ryan's party. The city CBD was at a standstill because of the Cuba St Carnival. I drove to Newtown via Kelburn and Brooklyn. Toby had such fun at Ryan's party playing chase with Ryan. Toby loves getting chased - hates doing the chasing.

Saturday evening we took it easy watching movies at home. Mum and Dad drove back from Napier as the place was packed for Art Deco weekend.

Sunday morning we cleaned the house (luxed all over at any rate and it was tidy but Toby messed it up again with his toys) and I trimmed the side garden as the plants were intent on taking over the house. We put out Toby's seed bird feeder and I hope the birds find it.

Toby and I collected Benjamin and Ramble on Sunday evening. Toby loved it and talked the whole time excitedly to Benjamin. I think I need to take Toby over to see Benjamin regularly so he doesn't talk Benjamin's head off when he does see him! Ramble was happy to see Benjamin. The man at the kennels said he was nervous to start with but was happy once he got in with the dogs.

Mike - we're out of gas - can you change the gas bottle when you collect Toby and get home? There's chicken in the fridge for dinner.

Ok. Time to start the week. Let's see what is in store.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment