Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good morning on Wed, Feb 25

Hi,

Well, I got a call at 1400 yesterday that Toby was sick and I needed to go and collect him. So I hopped on my bike and rode like the wind. And Toby still mentioned that he was waiting in the sick room for quite a long time (but mentioned it in a very nice way). Anyhow, he had a sore tummy and had been to the toilet a bit. Nice. Poor chap.

We went home and he got into his pyjamas. I started dinner eventually and Toby and I ate. Then Mike got home and went straight into the toilet. Oops. Then two minutes later it was my turn. So the Gilberts of Wellington all got sick about the same time.

I know - you're all asking who cooked on Monday night. Heheheheh. Wasn't me! ;-)

My tummy is still a bit weird but I'm hoping it'll be fine and I'll be ready for the Mamma Mia singalong with Sally and Vivienne (who both can sing so I may be cast aside and banished to the front seats or something). Mike will assess Toby this morning and hopefully they'll both be ready for the day. Otherwise we may have to call my mother into service. We shall see.

Anyhow, all is not lost despite the tummy bug. Toby and I sat on the couch and practised tying shoelaces up and I have a photo of Toby's first shoelaces tied. Hooray! Velcro sneakers may be a thing of the past. The afternoon flies by when you're tying Mike's shoelaces on the couch! Toby was very pleased and even tied his own (a bit more fiddly as his shoelaces are much shorter and less forgiving of mistakes).

I took the bus in (will be singing loudly and enthusiastically at the Embassy tonight so thought it'd be a great plan to just hop on a bus at the end of it all) so I missed out on my morning ride. Never mind. I am starting to entertain the idea of a longer ride in by riding up to Northland and into work the long way. Eeeek! Maybe just on the odd good day when I am earlier than usual...

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment