Monday, February 9, 2009

Good morning on Monday, Feb 9

Hi,

What a pleasant long weekend. The weather was very good, if a little gusty. Yesterday was almost unanimously called a scorcher. My mother conceded that this time next year she may also call it that. However, the beach was still too cold for Toby to swim in. He paddled and ran out.

We didn't do very much really over the long weekend. Friday was nice and slow. Saturday we went for lunch to Sally and Andrew's place and they couldn't get rid of us. We camped in their backyard that evening and stayed for the family lunch the next day.

Mum also enjoyed the lunch there and Mike, Toby, Mum and I went to the beach on the way home.

Despite the radio saying the entire North Island would enjoy fine weather, I put my bike shorts on and walked into the lounge to see rain and wind battering the windows. Yuck! Some madness came over me and I rode in anyway. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment