Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yes, and a wonderful gorgeous warm sunny morning it is. So of course, I took the bus in after putting the washing in the dryer.

One of my jobs this morning was to chop down the washing line! Woo hoo! Wilf is coming today to build a nice fence off our patio and just below it, so you don't risk a 7 metre fall onto concrete when you're hanging out your underpants. But the old washing line had to go - and a new washing line has to be bought and installed.

I just hacksawed through the metal poles holding it up - was nice soft metal and the saw cut through them easily. The first one had a nice wee fountain of rainwater once I'd cut thru the first bit of the pipe. The second one oozed some milky stuff - until I was nearly through it when it sprayed out a revolting milky lumpy gruel with orange streaks through it. All over me. Looked rather like vomit really. So I am onto my second pair of pants and shoes for the morning.

Toby was very good this morning - got up early (7am), got dressed, ate his weetbix, watched 'Speed Racer - The Next Generation' (while I sorted out washing, cut down washing lines and, er, changed my clothes) and trotted off to school right on time.

I bussed in, and will taxi home - since I have meetings til 4:30 and have to be up the hill and discussing Toby with his teacher 15 mins later. My bike is languishing in the work basement.

Yes, I'm off tramping tomorrow night. Should be good! We are having spicy vegetarian couscous for dinner on Saturday night. Kara and I will bring a tin of tuna to spike it with. The rumor mill is telling me that Sally and Andrew are stripping out the bathroom this weekend - good luck with that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment