Thursday, May 21, 2009

Brrrrrrrrr!!

It's REALLY REALLY REALLY cold today with a biting southerly. As cold as it gets here. I rode my bike, and my hands have gone numb - now they're thawing out and hurting. But all good. Bodes well for snow on the mountains. How is it down in Dunedin?

Traffic was manic this morning. Lots of people backing and turning and manoevering. One bit where a car and a truck were nose to nose on a narrow bit and spent a while working out who had the biggest ego and who was going to reverse. I spent a lot of my journey on the footpath.

I walked our neighbour's son Jonty to school for the first time this morning. He's just started at the Main School, so we'll probably walk him to school a lot of the time. Jonty's parents have a major logistical exercise getting themselves and their three kids off to all their various places of work or play in the mornings.

Well that's it, I better go get changed out of my bike stuff. One last thing - a plug for http://myfirstdictionary.blogspot.com . I find it really, really funny which I know is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment