Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a great morning for riding

Blue skies and not too cold, not too warm. Perfect day for a ride. I even got a cheery toot from someone that I let through on a narrow bit. Sunny weather makes everyone happy.

Toby was good this morning, he brought his bike in to ride about after school. With a bit of practice, hopefully he can ride it to school on the footpath soon. He is a white-belt-with-red-tab now after all.

There was a bit of a crisis this morning when we found we had no cash for Toby's lunch order. (Thursday is lunch order day). Angela made the highest sacrifice and handed over her precious souvenir $5 Sir Edmund Hillary note for his lunch. (It's no different to any other $5 note, but she's had it for years, since the UK I think.) BUT WE STILL HAVE IT SAFE!! I found $10 so all is well. I think I got scammed though because Toby's "usual" lunch order came to a dollar or so more than usual. Hmm, he got a toasted sandwich, muffin, jelly and choc milk. I have a feeling that the muffin got sneaked in. Plus he has two mallowpuffs, a kiwifruit, an apple and some more jelly in his lunch box. I don't think he'll starve today.

No comments:

Post a Comment