Thursday, May 21, 2009

Good morning on Thurs, May 21

Hi,

Karate went well last night and dinner was ready when we got home. Dad turned up as well so we all ate the yummy stew. Mum had made slices (mallowpuff stuff as she used to bake when I was a kid) and other yummy things so I think Toby had his eye on dessert while he was poking at his dinner. He scoffed 1.5 squares of mallowpuff slice making those quaint noises he makes when he's eating something he loves.

Mike headed off to tramping club afterwards and my parents headed home. I put Toby to bed. He is working himself up lately worrying about fire. Before he settled into bed he hurtled upstairs and checked everything was off. I had to turn off his bedlight too - and his electric blanket. He told me how could I be so sure everything was fine - I didn't know everything about the world. Oh - has he cottoned on to that already? Bother it!

I went off to bed - it being the warmest place to be. Then after a wee while I heard frantic yells from Toby with panic in his voice. He was sitting up in bed wiping tears from his face worried about a fire at his school. I found the magic answer to his fears - apart from the good one about smoke detectors giving plenty of warning before it is too late for him to escape (he always asks - but what if it is too late for me to get out and the exit is burning). I told him New Zealand is so wet and damp compared to Australia that nothing will burn in the bush. And on cue, a huge downpour came and Toby collapsed into sleep.

See? The dodgy weather can be a good thing.

I got cold riding in this morning. Brrrr.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment