Monday, May 11, 2009

Good morning on Mon, May 11

Hi there,

What a good weekend. Toby had his first swim lesson for the term (we missed last week because of the tramping). His teacher is only around for three more weeks and then he gets another teacher. Bit of a shame.

After swimming we popped in to see Andrew (and I got lots of yummy feijoas). Then we drove to get my Mother's Day special backpack while Mike and Toby washed the car. Then we met up at the library where we ate lunch and got loads of books out.

Saturday afternoon Mike got stuck into the floor boards under the wall where the wardrobe was and will be once more one day. He sanded and applied varnish.

Then we were off to Mum and Dad's place to drop off Toby and head to Star Trek. We had dinner at Hede (Japanese place) and it was very nice food and then off to the movie. It was an absolutely superb movie. One of the best Star Trek movies definitely.

Sunday morning I got a lovely breakfast from Mike (Toby played XBox) - muffins topped with poached eggs, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce. Yummo! Mum got up later and I got her breakfast too. She opened Karen's present and loved it (a mug with photos of the kids on it) and we chatted to Karen. Then I headed off to relieve Mike from Sampson babysitting duty while he took Toby to Katies birthday party. Then eventually everyone arrived at our place and Mike cooked up a storm for the Sampsons and us.

So, a good weekend. Not too busy, not too lazy.

Mind you, I was lazy this morning as the radio said ti was a high of 10C today and rainy. So i took the bus. Soft and weak!

Mike is sick at home today. He had asthma last night and now is feeling tired and headachy. I think it'll be the start of a cold. I asked him if he felt like snorting, and Mike looked at me oddly. Toby shouted out "He has swine flu'. So Toby understood my joke!

Anyhow, time to get stuck in. Have a great week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment