Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Good morning on Tues, Mar 2

Hi,

I was on Toby drop-off duty again today.  Toby was very good and we were nice and early out of the house.  Toby scootered to school and I rode down the hill in good, dry conditions.  A superb ride!

Last night was our first Kea excursion and it was very successful.  We went to the local (to the Scout hall) swimming pool.  The young Keas all splashed about for about 90 minutes, interrupted only by a fuel stop (I had made everyone cheese rolls, and they had an apple juice and biscuit as extra energy).  Toby had an absolute ball.  I think this was the first time where he has been swimming with kids his age that aren't as confident in the water as him.  He was doing somersaults into the water in the deep end and the other kids thought he was the bees knees.  He looked pretty chuffed with himself.

We went home and got Toby ready for bed.  Before that Toby bailed up Duncan as Duncan admitted to some partial Pokemon knowledge.  Toby read him the whole of Jessica's Pokemon handbook (well, perhaps not quite all the 150 Pokemons in there) but Duncan certainly got a lot of Pokemon.  At least nine when I asked how many he had!  Toby thinks Duncan is pretty special now.  Kathleen was as mystified as me about the whole thing.

Mike has packed for the weekend already!  I know!  You've all fallen off your chairs, haven't you?  I'm astonished.  So, it's all systems go for the long weekend (Toby and I have Thurs and Fri off to tootle around with Duncan and Kathleen seeing Napier and Tongariro in the 4 days).  Mike will come up on Thursday evening so he gets one more day at work.

That's about it.  Duncan is preparing dinner tonight.  Yum!  What great guests, eh?  And I think Ma and Pa are keen to pop over tomorrow night for karate and to meet Kathleen and Duncan, so I might get two dinners cooked for me in a row.  Yes!  Choice!

Oh - and we will get some photos from the weekend up on the internet soon.  Promise!

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment