Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good morning on Tues, Mar 30

Hi!

The day is getting better already.  The radio said it was a lovely day, but my ride out of our street into a reasonably strong northerly didn't convince me terribly much.  But now I sit here at work after poking around on servers looking for trouble, the day looks like it is getting better already.  Blue skies to the south (my office outlook).

The last day of Keas for the term last night and we learned about Earthquakes.  Mike came for the first time in ages and prepared and demonstrated his "Earthquake Simulator".  Ooooooooo.  I was hoping for a long 10 minute session, but Mike's demo last all of two minutes.  Dirt and kids means high excitement.  Then I had to contain them all for an earthquake story.  The kids are all well versed in earthquake drills, so the schools certainly teach that well.

We then had fish n chips with the Sampsons and finalised some plans for the coming week.  We're away with them for over a week for the first week of the school holidays.  Cool fun!  Must buy a  few 20 inch tubes to fix any random punctures the kids bikes might pick up.

That's about it.  Tonight we're packing for the adventure.  Mike will pop around to Dad's place to borrow Mum's bike for the week (I wonder if we have asked for that yet???) as we're an adult bike short.  I was going to buy one and then I chickened out.  My bike will last for a few years yet.

Busy!  Ok.  Have a great day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment