Monday, May 17, 2010

Good morning on Mon, May 17

Hi,

A weekend spent leisurely in Wellington - what a rarity.  The weather was just for ducks though.  Quite a bit of water was chucked down, I do have to say!  But, no wind to speak of so the rain came down vertically.  Odd, I know!  And it was never cold.  My mother is starting to think she is acclimatising because she recalls being cold at this time last year. There is hope yet!

So, what did we get up to? Well, it almost went as planned. Friday night we watched Back to the Future Part 2 and Toby said he liked it better than number one, but as his concentration was drifting I think it was untrue. I hardly remembered part 2 at all!

Saturday morning we went out to watch Toby swimming and he did very well. Concentrated well. Then we visited Sally and Andrew for lunch and dragged Sally to bathroom places with us to get brochures and ideas. Eventually we made it home via the supermarket to get stuff for dinner.

Barry and Kath came over for dinner - it was so nice to see them. We locked the cat out as Merlot attacked Kath last time she was here. We chatted and ate and the evening passed in great style. We talked so much it was very late by the time we noticed Toby was still up!

Sunday morning I started work on tidying Toby's room. That took all day. At one stage after lunch I thought I'd take Toby up to Waikanae to see the Tabors. But as soon as I made the plan, other things took precendence. In the end, I stayed at home and finished Toby's room off. His bed drawers are full, and his Ikea tallboy is empty (and in the downstairs toilet for now - we'll clean it up and put it on Trade Me). He still has quite a bit of floor space to play in because now all his books and toys are down one wall. And he has a wee cubby under the bed. He can even sleep under there sometimes if he wants (so he's told Grandy).

Sunday afternoon Mike's Dad arrived and Mike went off for hours to try and sort out the tramping club website. Once he got back we were off to Benjamin's party. Woo hoo! We had a great time with the family - Ma came as well. Dad had stocktake duties and couldn't make it. He'll be busy this week with that too. Benjamin got lots of money - I think he's quite happy with that. Books and money. Sounds like heaven to me.

Keas tonight - more pinata making. Great fun!

We're away for a long weekend this coming weekend.  We're off to Brisbane to see Brent, Jill and their wee baby, Jack.  And maybe SeaWorld or something like that (if I play my cards right).

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment