Thursday, May 27, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, May 27

Hi,

What a gloomy looking day out there - and a high of 9 forecast.  9!  Brrrr.  I stubbornly rode my bike this morning to work.  Our house avoids a lot of the southerly blast, so I thought I might get to work relatively dry.  But when I got up to the garage, I could tell that the mist that shrouded Mount KauKau was actually rain.  Cold rain.  So I dragged my bike out of the garage, and hopped on.  As always, I tested my brakes at the top of our hill.  Hmmmm.  Wet already and not a lot of stopping power.  So it was a cautious ride down the hill.  But, oddly, I wasn't too wet really.  And only the tips of my fingers were cold and sore as they started to defrost in the lift at work.

But here I am, smug and superior in my cycling endeavours.  And almost as dry as any work colleague.  Heheheh.

Yesterday was karate day and we had tea at Mum and Dad's place afterwards.  I took the 43 bus straight there after work.  Nice dinner of family pie and mash (Toby wanted half a plate of mash he said) and then home to bed.

Tonight is table tennis night - I'm looking forward to that.  But after the 4 day weekend, I am looking forward to Friday already.  Phew!

Have a marvellous day.  Stay dry wherever you are.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment