Monday, May 3, 2010

Good morning on Mon, May 3

Hi,

The merry month of May.  Quite a merry ride in this morning, so it's looking mighty good on the weather front.  The wind is strong and seems cool but the roads were dry and I hooned down the hill.  More of the same please, for the rest of the week!

I've seen some photos of Michelle and Tim's engagement party already and it looked like a wonderful evening.  I wish we could have made it over.  I hope I get to see more photos.  Good luck to the young couple.

Our weekend was very relaxing - after Mike's tramp to the Ruahines was cancelled due to a bad weather forecast.  Toby and I had Friday night together while Mike said goodbye to a work colleague (his last day).  Saturday we were up for swimming and collected Ma on the way.  Toby swam well, but did get to sit on the side of the pool at one stage (not listening due to his head being under the water).

Then off to drop Ma off home while we Gilberts all got a haircut at the same time.    Great use of time.

We then picked up a few items in town and headed home.  Mike got Funny Business on DVD a wee while back and settled me down on the bed to watch it.  I think I lasted 10 minutes before sleep engulfed me.  It was a nice snooze.  We then collected Ma again and went to visit the Lewises for dinner.  We ate Indian takeaways from Johnsonville and it was very enjoyable.  Good to catch up with Vivienne, John, Benjamin and Ramble! 

Sunday was lazy - I pottered around trying to tidy and Mike tried to understand the problems of the world from the depths of his bed.  Toby couldn'd make up his mind what to do and watched television, read and played computer games.  Eventually Mike got out of bed and we had lunch.  Then I suggested we think about a new bed for Toby - there was one half price out in the Hutt.  Mike got fired up about that, and Toby and I went over to visit the neighbours while Mike went off to look at the bed.

Toby and I had a lovely time visiting across the way.  Amy and Simon have just had a wee baby (Matthew - 3 months) and Toby played with Oliver (almost 2) and other neighbours kids arrived too.  Meanwhile, Mike arrived with the new bed.  We now have to find time to clear out Toby's room, take photos of his existing bunk bed, dismantle the old bed, build the new one and put everything back in.  We'll probably sell his bunk on Trade Me.

Back at work and ready for the week ahead!

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment