Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Monday with a bike ride in but no ride home

Hi,

It was sense that prevailed and I ended up walking home with Mike instead of trying to bike.  It took us over an hour, I was so slow.  Five minutes was spent trying to catch my breath at one point.  Hence the bus back in this morning.

Today is sad for me.  I have a work colleague leaving tomorrow whom I love having around.  Work will be a less inviting place without her presence.  But she has a fantastic opportunity and will be amazing in her next job.  The bright side?  We get a team breakfast with her this morning.  Yum!  I am starving.

Last night Mike made tea while I recovered from the walk home.  Beautiful corn fritter burgers.  He knows how to cook.  However, his relationship with Dame Allison took a beating.  He'll have to make more effort in future or she'll just walk away from his life.

I started writing my speech for Friday morning (I am doing a Toastmasters course).  I got about halfway through writing it and so I read it out to the boys and they timed me.  I was already 3 minutes over my time limit.  Oh dear.  Back to the drawing board.  Obviously I was writing for an hour long speech!  Hahahahah.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment