Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Wednesday with nothing

Hi,

Well, I am getting way better.  That is a good thing after this bout of illness.  My Wednesday went well.  I managed to catch up with Aidan for a late lunch.  Any day where I get lunch with her is a good day.  We chatted about loads of things, but mainly her work and my work.  Boring topics for some perhaps, but I find her full of sensible advice.

Not a bad iced coffee at Soho at the bottom of the Vodafone building.


Seeing Aidan also made me happier on the day when Sophie left work.  Shucks - that is stink for me.  But great for Sophie.  She has an amazing year ahead of her in the world of contracting.  Oooossshhhh!

Mike worked late last night so I got tea sorted for Toby.  I even managed to read to Toby for the first time in over a week!  I get breathless talking for ages and end up coughing.  But it has calmed down a lot!  We're reading the first book in Lord of the Rings.  Or LoTR as Toby calls it.  I am quite enjoying it.  It has been a long, long time since I read it.

We have a work function tonight so Benjamin is coming around to look after Toby.  Best remember the pizza order.

I have stupidly said yes to talking in front of loads of people for Friday.  And Mike has a meeting in Palmerston North.  The heady heights of consulting takes you to wondrous places.

Andrew is riding his bike through the cold snap for 100s of kilometres through the top half of the South Island.  I hope he has managed to keep warm.  I can't wait to hear from him how it all went.  I enjoy Sally's updates.

Have a lovely day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment