Monday, September 2, 2013

The weekend that was unexpectedly wonderful

Hi,

Happy birthday to Jamie and Cameron.  Wow - the year is flying by.  And Happy Fathers Day to the Dads I know for yesterday.  That snuck up on me.

Friday night Toby got off the bus in town and we met Aunty Sally and went to the Steer n Beer at the Reading cinema.  Andrew joined us after a wee while (our waiter was concerned about his steak getting cold).  Toby and I went to see Wolverine.

Then Toby and I picked up Mike from his session with work.  A colleague was leaving and it was a big night.  Mike woke a homeless woman sleeping on a bus stop bench on Willis St demonstrating how he shouted at the band to play a Hunters and Collectors song.  She was a bit disturbed and expecting some massive fight or something.  I could see her fight or flee instinct had kicked in.  But she determined Mike was harmless and went back to sleep.  Toby giggled at this.  "Dad, you woke a hobo woman".

Back home and to bed.  The boys slept well in the morning because it was midnight before we got to sleep.  Aidan texted and asked if I could bring the movie forward to the afternoon and come for lunch.  Certainly could.  Asked Mike and he said yes.  So I was out of the house quite early because I wanted to buy a Fathers Day present for Sunday.  Having it on Sunday 1st is not conducive to a lot of planning.

I popped into Harvey Normal in Paraparaumu and found out the Dyson turbo lux head was not an option (we have to order it).  But I did find another present there.  Choice.  Then went to collect Aidan from home.  Her boys had a Scouts session, so she was free all day.

Front Room iced coffee
We stopped off at Bunnings to get a voucher for Fathers Day for Josh.  I missed the turn and Aidan's brain was still trying to figure out the best way to get me back to the store when I put the car in reverse and hurtled back to the intersection to turn left.  She only squealed a little bit.  There was no traffic behind me.  Well, about 100m behind me and closing fast if I didn't do something.

We went to the Front Room for lunch and I had a yummy breakfast for lunch.  And an iced coffee.  Why not have breakfast for any meal you can?  I love breakfasts!

Then we went to Paraparaumu shopping mall and I got distracted in the bookshop by a Bruce Springsteen book and Aidan thought I'd done a runner.  Oops.  Off to the movie.  Mortal Instruments - City of Bones.  Don't bother!  Read the book.  The book isn't bad at all.  The movie?  Yeah.  Not so much fun.  It made me laugh with derision at one point.

Back to New World to get Fathers Day breakfast stuff and dropped Aidan off after getting some grapefruit.

Next morning was Fathers Day and I got a yummy breakfast ready for Mike.  I had put bread on so that was the starter.  Yum!  And bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese (and freshly squeezed lemons from the Tabor citrus market!).

The morning was spent tidying.  As was the afternoon.  Mike went to handover the tramping club website to a volunteer!  Choice!  And then we went out to Sally and Andrew's place for tea.  Had a great catch up with everyone.  They are all well.  Then we went to drop Toby off at Isaac's house for a sleepover with him and some mates from school.  We chatted to Sally and Tim for ages.  Well past my bedtime.

Up for work this morning and in my bike gear to find I was the one that had left their bike at work on Friday.  So we caught the bus in!  With all the grapefruit.  So not too bad!

Sally and Andrew's back yard looked stunning

The plums might be good this summer!


Have a wonderful week.  Happy birthday week for Abby too later this week.  Hope I don't forget that!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment