Friday, August 30, 2013

The Thursday with nothing for me but a late night for Mike

Hi,

Mike had his haircut last night after work (and then went back to work for a while).  He wants me to put it in my calendar so I can comment on his beautiful haircut.  But, given I hadn't seen him, it seemed a bit unfair to suggest I never complimented him.  I may have stirred when he came in (I think he said I complained about the light being on - and promptly fell asleep again) but I never actually remember seeing him.  And this morning, the first time I saw him, he was in the shower and had wet hair.  So I excuse myself.  I am sure his hair looks lovely!  And if you see him, you should obviously say so!

Last night I rode home and collected Toby.  I was just starting tea when I got a call from Skids (Toby's old after school programme at Wadestown school).  Odd, I wondered if they had just found something of Toby's.  But, no.  Turns out Tom was still there and they couldn't get a hold of either of his parents.  Toby and I stopped cooking and walked around to get Tom.  He was okay, but a bit perplexed as to why he had been left at Skids.  We walked home and he was chatting to Toby superbly.  I haven't seen him so talkative.  The boys played while I finished dinner and then we ate.

Spaghetti bolognese - one of our favourites

John got in touch with me and said it was a miscommunication.  So, no problems.  Phew!  We started to walk Tom back home when Christine pulled up and took him home.  Tom had a great time, as did we.

My ride in this morning was good fun!  Roads were wet, but it wasn't raining like yesterday.  Still a strong, cold southerly though.  Brrrrr.

What does the weekend hold in store?  Movies tonight with Sally and Andrew (but no Mike) and Toby.  We can't see Elysium with Toby as it is R16.  So I think I'll see another movie with him.  Tomorrow we tidy and paint.  I have a movie lined up with Aidan (fingers crossed - Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.  Don't read the reviews!) for Saturday evening.  Sunday is Fathers Day so a nice breakfast is the plan.  Sunday afternoon I'll invite Christine around for afternoon tea.  Sunday night at Sally and Andrew's place for tea.  Oh yeah!  Good weekend!

Have a wonderful weekend yourself!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment