Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Monday of finding things

Hi,

I rode home the longish way - up Ngaio Gorge for a change.  I'll try and make that my regular route home for a few months.  I'm also going to ride home via Ngauranga Gorge once a week.  That should be better than my usual short but steep ride home.

Yesterday (Monday, that is) was the day Aidan handed in her thesis.  That doctorate is so close now!  I was lucky enough to get lunch with her and Josh and she looked so relaxed I thought she might slide off her chair.  Yep - it was a pretty good day yesterday.

When Mike and I got home, we cooked dinner and then it was "Find the missing things" evening.  Toby's cellphone had been missing for a week.  As were the Corolla car keys.  And my wee micro USB charger. We started tidying and I found the missing car keys super fast.  After tidying a few places around the house, I declared the phone not in the house and went up to the car.  I found Toby's cellphone in the car seat pocket (good place to put it Toby - shame you never remembered it was there though) and found my charger under the car seat where Mike dropped it.

Mike mopped out the storage area under the stairs and cleared away the stuff by his bed.  And he did his homework.  We had a very satisfying night of tasks done.  I even got a CD made for the drive up on Friday night to Mt Ruapehu.  Yep - all came together nicely.

Toby had a good first day back at school.  He is calling his teacher the best teacher in the world.  So that's a good first day.

Have a wonderful day today.  The weather is lovely this morning here.  I enjoyed my ride into work.  We have a Scots College parent evening tonight.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment