Monday, August 5, 2013

The weekend with lovely weather and stand up paddle boarding

Hi,

What a wonderful weekend.  I had a ball.  I wish every weekend was as much fun as that one.  Well, actually, a lot of weekends are that much fun.  But for different reasons, I guess.

Friday night we got Benjamin in to look after Toby while Mike and I went go karting with work.  Turns out Mike's team came first and my team came second.  We had a blast!

Saturday morning Mike got up and made Toby and me breakfast in bed.  Very nice it was too.  Then we hurtled out of the house in a rush.  We had to be in Lindale for a 1pm Paintball session with the Tabors.  We hadn't been there since we lived here last many years ago.  We ordered lunch at the cafe there and I had a great iced coffee.
Lovely weather

They forgot our order and eventually Mike reminded them.  But it meant we were a bit late getting to the paintball about 50m away!  After being so early too!

The boys all suited up and ran around for the best part of 2 hours.  It went really fast for me because I chatted to Aidan over tea.

Toby in his kit
All ready
Everyone loved it!  They had such a good time.  A few bruises to show where some got shot.  But they all loved it!  Thanks for such a good time!

We went back to Aidan and Josh's place and I said yes to heading to the estuary to try stand up paddle boarding.  I borrow a shirt from Mike and shorts from Aidan and away we went.  Emerson came along too.  I had a ball paddling Josh's board.  Emerson also loved it.  I'd give that a go any time, thanks, Josh!

Me standing up and paddling.  Look at the weather!
Aidan and Mike came a bit later with fish n chips and we ate on the beach.  Such a lovely evening.  Toby had a turn paddle boarding too.  He wants another turn one day as well.  Josh may have given us all a lovely new hobby.

Mike and Josh and Lulu 
Aidan and I escaped outside once back at their place and had a look at the wonderful night sky.  I love the sky from their place as it has a great western perspective we don't have at home.  I showed Aidan Scorpius and I hope she can find it on her own whenever she gets the chance to look up on a glorious winter evening. Toby wrangled a sleepover for the evening so Mike and I left him there enjoying the hospitality and drove back home.  We had a great sleep and woke late to again hurtle out of the house.  Back to Waikanae with lunch in hand.  Had a look at Aidan's CV.  Josh sanded his new board (it looks so great!) and the boys played.

Back home to get ready for the week.  Toby is back at school.  Minus his socks apparently.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment