Friday, August 2, 2013

The Thursday with busy work

Hi,

I had a work meeting (a training session really) until late, so Mike went home with Toby and cooked a scrumptious dinner.  I am very lucky.  I rode home after the session and sat and chatted to Mike while I ate his tea.  Yep - pretty lucky.

Because I was home so late, the evening disappeared.  Before I knew it, I was in bed and reading.  And it was late as well.  Slept like a log.  Mike was woken by a decent wee shake at 1am, but I didn't notice a thing.  Earthquake?  Where?

Certainly felt the one just past 11am yesterday though.  A Thursday morning surprise.  I was in the act of leaning against the kitchen bench at work when the earthquake happened.  I thought I'd somehow broken the bench when it moved as I leaned my hip onto it.  Then I tensed to figure out if it was going to get worse and I needed to leap to my turtle position.  But, no.  Over before I could process it really.

My work event this weekend has been postponed.  So I am available for the social events happening now.  Go karting with work tonight.  Paintball with Duncan and Emerson tomorrow.  Mike and Toby are keen to play and I think Josh might lend a hand.  Well, actually, truth be told, I am hoping Aidan would prefer a cup of tea somewhere around about that time.  Fingers crossed.

My ride in this morning was great.  The southerly is strong, but dry.  The roads were as dry as they ever get, even in the middle of summer.  So I pedalled furiously down the hill.  Loved it!  Saw 55km/hr at one point on my wee bike computer speedo.  Nice.  The southerly meant I couldn't go much faster.

Have a fantastic weekend.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment