Monday, August 26, 2013

The weekend with skiing

Hi,

A great weekend of skiing - shame Mike's body is pummeled beyond function.  More about that later - and it wasn't my doing!

Friday we left Wellington easily - me, Toby and Sarah (a friend of Mike's from way back - some of you know her).  Traffic wasn't too awful.  We made good time, passing Mike in the van and Vivienne in her car from time to time.  A stop at Pitstop in Paraparaumu to fix the headlight - go there for your automotive needs!  I suspect they were shut as they were standing around drinking beers.  But the chap changed the bulb for me and only charged me $17.50 for the bulb.  What a hero!

Up at the lodge by 10pm.  Mike was a little later.  Found our room, and crashed out for the night.  Up the next morning to a lovely day.  Mike was off early to make the most of it.  My aim was to ski with Toby.  I think his last run last year scared him a bit and this day was all about having fun again.  I think I did it.

We started with Jenga in the lounge room of the lodge.  Such fun!
Jenga
Wow!

Oops!
 Then we got our ski gear and headed out to Happy Valley.

Snack time

Toby skiing


We had a lovely time.  Did quite a few hours together.  Mike, Vivienne and John were fast west and had a ball.  Glorious was what Vivienne called it.

Back to the lodge to snuggle in the bed reading.  I may have slept.  Unfortunately Mike crashed out big time.  He was going about 50 km/hr and misjudged the track and smacked into a snow/ice bank.  He lay winded for quite a while.  Long enough for the ski patrol to come see him.  His body is very sore now.  Toby calls him old man right now.  He can't bend to pick up anything.  Ouch!  So he got into bed with me and Toby and all three of us snuggled before dinner.

Had a yummy dinner.  Sarah's work.  Very nice.  Tidied up and off to bed.  Had a good sleep.  Toby fell asleep on the couch in the lounge!

Up Sunday to eat and tidy.  I got a wee bit of skiing in but the conditions were poor.  Snow is lovely though.  Heaps more than two weeks ago!

Left at 1pm and had a good drive home.

Time to start the week.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment