Monday, September 30, 2013

The weekend with disease and pestilence

Hi,

After a mammoth day at work (in to start at 7am and home at 11.15pm - okay, so I came home for a few hours in the evening...) I was not feeling up to much on Saturday.  I slept in and then stayed in bed sleeping until 1pm!  So I obviously hadn't quite recovered from my illness.

Mike started to feel sick Saturday night, and after taking Toby to the movies and eating chickpea curry, he wasn't feeling too well when he came home.  Toby had a sleepover with Isaac.  Mike and I watched a movie and then Mike woke at 1.30am shouting into the bucket.  Poor chap.

When we woke Sunday morning, we had forgotten it was daylight savings.  Mike was saying I needed to get up because Toby would be home in an hour.  I was reading an email from Aidan and puzzling over her sentence that mentioned the time change was less than ideal for her right now, when I put two and two together and yelped and leapt out of bed.  Toby wasn't due in an hour, he was due any minute!

I got up and had breakfast.  Mike was still feeling sick and skipped eating for the day.  Apart from some fruit I got him at one point.  Toby was dropped off and started playing while I decided to start the putty and sanding.  Puttied all the nail holes along skirtings and trims and then I sanded it all once it had dried.  I ended up looking like a grey ghost.  Hahahahah.

Andrew had mega adventures in the South Island riding around.  I hope I catch up with him this week to hear all about it.

Toby is on school holidays.  Mike is off sick and recovering nicely.  He seems much better than yesterday and even attempted to eat some Weetbix this morning.  That will be interesting.

I rode in.  Yay!  And I feel not too bad at all.  So I am looking forward to the ride home.  First ride home in over two weeks!

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment