Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Tuesday with nothing

Hi,

I managed to catch up with Aidan for lunch - we ate outside in the Parliament grounds.  As I walked there with my bread roll, I was absolutely freezing and admired Aidan's aspirational lunch goal.  I guess it has been Spring for a while now, so she had every right to assume a bit of sunshine meant we should eat outside.  The admiration grew once I zipped up my jacket and hunkered down in the watery sunshine and stopped shivering.  It wasn't so bad after all.  Although Aidan declared the concrete fence we sat on wet and jumped up and continued lunch standing next to me so she wouldn't get a wet bottom.  This felt rather awkward, as the concrete wasn't wet, merely cold - pretty much air temperature really - so I continued to sit and finish my lunch.  I failed to see how this could continue with pleasant conversation (it was more of an interrogation stance) so I suggested a walk.  Aidan suggested chocolate.  The compromise was a walk to a place that sold chocolate.  Not a bad compromise, eh?

My ride home was good fun - Toby had walked home so I rode all the way home and started cooking dinner for him.  He got stuck into his maths homework and I think we have got that all sorted.  Woot!

Mike and I had a bath (maybe the last one together for ages) and I collapsed into bed in a heap and was in the land of nod within minutes of closing my eyes.  Possibly even seconds.

This morning's run was also rather nice.  Dry roads and not a lot of wind meant it was far nicer than Monday morning.  Back home to shower and make lunch and have breakfast.  The boys seemed to be in a good mood when I left.  At least they were up.  I hope they make the school bus this morning - unlike yesterday morning.  Yep - a drive down the hill failed to catch the bus.  Toby had to catch the Scots bus from the railway station.  Heheheh.

Have a lovely day.  I need a tea.  Desperately.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment