Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The weekend with four days for me and Toby

Hi,

I can hardly recall the four days, to be honest.  Mike got a migraine at work and slept in the car in the car park on Clifton Terrace.  Poor guy.  Mike was away tramping to Sunrise Hut in the Ruahines. so he had to drive to the Ruahines too. I went out with the work social club on Friday night and Benjamin looked after Toby.  That was nice - I finally got to a Wellington on a Plate meal!  It was a good burger at Fork and Brewer on Bond St.  Caught the bus home and drove Benjamin home.

Next morning Toby and I wandered over to see Sophie and wee Paxton.  He is such a cutie.

Toby thinks Pax is pretty cool.

Toby and I relaxed for the rest of the day.  Sunday we got up to do some messages.  When we got back, Toby said he could hear a rat by the front door.  I couldn't.  But when Mike got back from his tramp and I took off to see Aidan and Christine, Mike and Toby heard it again.  Turns out there was a blackbird trapped int he wall space of the laundry.  So Mike used his ice axe to chop holes in the gib.  He got the wrong stud first time.  But they freed the bird.  And now our laundry is even worse than before - who knew that was possible?

Mike is proud of the holes he chopped with his ice axe
 Toby and I had Monday and Tuesday off (his school's mid term break) so we went out and about.  I took Toby to Maranui cafe for brunch.  He loved it.  Said they know how to cook there.  He found a crazy machine that gave the user electric shocks for 5 cents.  Hahahah.

For health and fun
 Went out to the Green Man pub for the quiz in the evening but we failed miserably to win anything.  We must have had an off night.  But it was good fun!

Tuesday I went to get Emerson and Duncan and took them to H2OXtreme.  The water slides weren't running so they played around in the water with the old people and the babies (now I know who uses the pool when we're not there!).  Came back to town and had lunch at Zealandia.  Yum!  The boys played at the park by our house for a while before I dropped them home.

Iced coffee at Zealandia
Mike didn't get home from work until midnight last night.  Oh no!  And I am back at work and so busy!  Aaarrghhh.

Best get stuck in.

Have a lovely week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment