Monday, September 22, 2014

The weekend with lots of little things on

Hi,

Well, what a start to the weekend.  I went to a Russian party with workmates and had such a great time.  I shared shots of tomato juice with them while they had shots of vodka.  There were sausage rolls and gherkins, weird dance moves, and odd games that might have seemed even funnier to the people drinking the vodka.  Serge showed off his juggling skills, even juggling with a sharp knife at one point.  Then we all piled out of his flat and went to a karaoke place.  Had our own wee both which promptly got covered in shot glasses and bottles of Korean plum wine.  Someone declared it the worst stuff they had ever consumed.

Dodgy dance moves at the party

I got home at 2am!  2am!  I paid for it the next day though.  Woke at 6am and had a headache all day.  Dehydrated.  But I walked around to vote.  And watched Mike pretending to pack for Nepal.  Then I went grocery shopping and I got dinner ready for our election-watching night.  We watched a dreadful movie first - Top Secret.  Thankfully it has taken me from 1984 to now to see it.  That track record might mean I never get to see it again.

Sunday morning we got up and headed out to Joe's Garage for brunch.


Selfie at Joe's Garage

Iced coffee heaven

The boys waiting for their brunch

It was as good as ever.  Then we wandered around the supermarket before heading home.  I made lasagne for dinner and then headed to Ange's place to watch Pitch Perfect.  Great movie.  I even got cake!  Yum!  Then home for dinner with Kara and Sharron.

Finally got Toby to bed and slept myself.  What a busy weekend.  Nothing major on, but lots of little things.  New Zealand has no change of government.  Business as usual.

Have a wonderful week.  Mike is leaving for Nepal on Thursday night.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment