Monday, September 8, 2014

The weekend with amazing skiing

Hi,

We drove up on Friday night in the WTMC van with a whole bunch of people, including work people and Meetup people.  The music on offer was pretty dire - and got worse after I bought possibly the worst easy listening double CD that has ever been printed.  But we got up to Ruapehu in good time, chatting away to Amy and Celia (in-between raucous laughter and dodgy singing on my part).

Fell into bed and slept well enough but when it was time to get up, I couldn't.  My eyes were so sleepy.  Maybe this is how Mike feels every morning?  Hahahah.  Toby and I slept in (well, I ended up reading) and eventually we got up and went for a walk and some sledding.

Toby playing in the snow

Sledding - without the sled

Time to go back

We got back and chilled out before dinner.  Mike got back late from collecting some of the party from Turoa.

Action shot of Toby in our room

Next morning was brilliant and I left early after chores to head up the hill with Celia.  We caught up after one wee run with Amy and Martin and had a ball skiing the far west with them.

Celia's ready for anything!

Martin and I - with Ngauruhoe shrouded in cloud for about the only time all day

There's Ngauruhoe peeking out behind me

I skied in a t-shirt!
 It was so warm that I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist and skied like that for the rest of the day.  I was having such a great time.

The best day skiing - ever!

Eventually we got back to the van and Mike collected all the other people and we headed off.  Got back to Wellington around 10pm and headed home.  Funnily enough, the rental car park at the ferry terminal was shut so our car remained there and we drove the van home.

Didn't even unpack.  Just crawled into bed and was asleep in seconds.  This morning is glorious.  My ride in was such fun because the roads were dry!

Have the best week!  I am off to Auckland tomorrow, so you won't hear from me until next week now.  I am back late Friday.  Look after Mike and Toby if you're around Wellington!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment