Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Wednesday with Aidan back - but not much else happening

Hi,

Woot!  This morning is stunning here in Wellington.  And I have also been meaning to mention it is birthday week for Michael.  Happy birthday Michael.  It's always busy for Shona this time of April!

Stunning sunrise view to Mt Kau Kau

Mike trying to photo bomb it.  Lucky it's just the top of his head because he only has a towel on!


Yesterday was busy but fun.  Mainly because Aidan flew back into town from her crazy (but essential) one week dash to New Hampshire to see her family.  And because I'm not likely to see her for ages yet, I did manage to squeeze in a hello as I dropped her from her house to her work.  Yep - after about 28 hours non stop travel, she went into work.  And she looked remarkably good for it too.  Pretty sure it wouldn't be terribly fun for my colleagues if I attempted a similar feat.

And, as is becoming a tradition, I got some socks from her visit.  Hahahah!  I was actually wearing the last pair of socks Aidan got me on her previous trip back to the US.  I like a bit of symmetry.  Toby should like these ones, as they feature a lot of orange.


Loving my most recent sock present

I ended up driving home and collecting Toby from the library as I went up the hill.  He was chuffed to get a ride home.  Cooked tea (chicken enchiladas) and promptly had to try and force Toby to at least try some.  He ate the salad I made him.

But Mike got home and enjoyed them!  Yay.  And he has them for lunch today too.  Good work.

Nice ride in this morning - it really is a lovely day today.  I am busy today and tomorrow in a workshop.  And tomorrow we leave for Auckland for the three day weekend.  Can't wait!

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment