Monday, April 20, 2015

The weekend with loads on

Hi,

What a busy weekend.  Mike and Toby got back around 1900 on Friday night and they were looking very happy and relaxed after their week in the bush.  Josh and the boys looked good too.  All up, it sounds like a successful adventure.  Good on them!  Mike will no doubt write it up for us to enjoy.

After  they both had a wash, they were allowed near a bed.  Hahah!  We slept in because Ilkse's 4WD Saturday was cancelled due to poor weather so we had no reason to get up early.  Instead we went out to brunch at the Dowse and bought a few things like an electric blanket for Toby's bed and a rubbish bin for our room.  Stuff like that.

Iced chocolate fun at Dowse

Please pose sensibly!

My boys are fun!

My iced coffee

Fingers over the camera as the boys try to "help"

Outside the Dowse

From there we headed home and Mike cooked dinner for us.  Mmmmm.  It was good.  We had an early night really (or I did) as I was getting up early for an archery have a go session with Ange.


Sunday morning from our house


The day was stunning - beautiful view from our house over the misty valley to Mt Kau Kau.  I collected Ange at 7.20am and we drove out to the end of Sally and Andrew's road for our archery session.  I had such fun.  Ange did too.  We want to do the beginner's course now.  We spent two hours shooting at the targets.  We started quite close to the target at about 12 m.  But after our first end (where I actually got arrows in the bulls eye) he said he'd never had such a good class and we moved back to the next mark.  I think we shot the rest from 14 m.

On my first end, the instructor asked me if I had ever done this before.  I said no.  And he said for me to not think about anything and just keep doing what I'm doing.  I was the only one he changed the sights for.  Turns out my dominant eye was giving me gyp - I am left  eyed.  Which doesn't work well for archery.  I kept having to try to remember to close my left eye.  If I was off with my arrows, it was because I was shooting with the wrong eye.  Towards the end the instructor came over and said that he wasn't ignoring me.  He just saw nothing for me to fix right now.  Hahah.

Anyhow, I had a lot of fun.  And I am keen to try it again.

I take aim


Fire away

Ange took me to Caffiend on Jackson St afterwards.  And the iced coffee was pretty good.  More like an iced slushy.  Crushed ice and ice cream.  Good taste.

Another iced coffee at Caffiend with Ange


Back home and I tidied before Celia came to say hi with her two wee girls.  Toby loved it.  I convinced them to stay for pizza and we ate and then Celia left to explore the Wellington war memorial changes.

Chaos in Toby's room with Eva and Charlie


Mike was out at tramping meetings and I got the ironing done.  Then I took him into work to get some stuff done for his trip to Chch today before driving up to Josh's place.  But Mike ran out of time and we pulled the plug on his beer drinking chat with Josh in favour of homework and getting ready for the week ahead.
Weird ironing experience in front of our bedroom mirror


A bit chaotic this morning as Mike got ready for his flight.  I dropped Toby off at the bus stop and rode in from the library.  Got an appointment with him at 5pm today.

Have a wonderful week ahead.  Short week next week for ANZAC Day.  Yay.  Love this time of year with its short weeks.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment