Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Wednesday with lunch with Aidan

Hi,

What a funny day yesterday.  I am supposed to go for a run with Mary around lunchtimes on Wednesdays.  But yesterday it all went a bit pear-shaped.  We delayed our run until 4.30pm but then Mary got held up at a client site.  So it never happened.

But it did mean I got a lunch with Aidan and her colleague, Greg, instead.  Yay!  We went to the dumpling place.  Not sure what Greg thought of it but I enjoyed it.  And I think Aidan did.  She is off now for a week to visit her grandmother in the States.  Her grandmother has been quite sick and Aidan is fulfilling her grand-daughter (and daughter) duties.  Apart from the flying she dreads, I don't think it is a duty to her at all.  It's important.

The weather is still deliciously cold here.  I am looking out at the Hutt Valley and it is shrouded in misty light cloud.  So, actually, I can't see the Hutt at all.

Tonight I am off to the movies with Ange.  We'll see that Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel movie.  Should keep me entertained for a while.

I do need to finish tidying the house.  I have just been watching Downton Abbey in the evenings and neglecting my housework duties.  But the boys should be home tomorrow so I really need to sort out a few things first.

Have a great day!  Safe travels to Aidan.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment