Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Wednesday with a busy evening

Hi,

Toby was off school yesterday and his sulphorous burps have turned more insidious, meaning he can't be far from a toilet.  Rather unpleasant.  Hopefully his body is getting rid of whatever has caused it to get so upset.

Despite my frantic day, I did get out to catch up with Celia.  We went to Home at MBIE and I had an iced coffee there.  They got full marks for presentation.  And it wasn't too sweet.  But I discovered why.  They used honey to sweeten it.  And of course, the coldness means the honey solidifies and doesn't spread out into the drink.  But at the bottom, it was undrinkable in its sweetness.  What marks overall?  A 7.

Iced coffee @ Home.  With honey!

I rode home after work and got some toast for Toby.  Trying to keep his diet simple.  Then I was off to the Nepal information evening.  Bharat gave a slide show and Mike featured a lot in his photos from his trip last year.  And he had a special mention for Mike's Dad and the memorial that was built for him.  We saw a few slides and Bharat mentioned that it was a special thing that happened while they were there, and that they will trek past it again this time.

I went home and collected Toby and his homework assignment due on Friday and we went into work.  We spread the work out over the floor next to my desk and Toby got the hang of printing and using my swipe card to get it off the printer.  Then he cut things out and stuck them on.  It looks ok.


Almost done

Mike flew back into Wellington from his day in Chch and dropped in briefly to work to see us.  He then called in to see Josh for a chat before heading home.  I was almost asleep by the time he came to bed.

This morning is cold here.  And windy.  My ride in was a bit tricky.  Damp roads and cold, strong winds.

But, nothing that can't be fixed by a nice cup of tea.

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment