Friday, May 1, 2015

The Thursday with a wonderful lunch

Hi,

Well, my day was so hectic, it wasn't funny.  But lunch - lunch was the highlight of the day by far.  And dare I say, possibly even the week.  A client took me to this French cafe a few weeks back and I said to Aidan that when she got back from her trip and manic work life, we should go there for lunch.

So Aidan met me for lunch on Lambton Quay and we walked over to Featherston St to Louis Sergeant and we ordered some lunch.  Aidan was funny - she decided we should eat decadent stuff so we needed a salad to start.  And what's more - we should share a salad.  We chose the salad Nicoise and I don't think I have ever had a better salad Nicoise.  The tuna wasn't just canned tuna which is often the case.  It was thick seared slabs of tuna.  Perfectly done.  I was in heaven.

Aidan got to practise her French too.  We ate the cheese platter afterwards and it was pretty good too.  Then, foolishly, I listened to Aidan and we got a dessert each.  I should have stood my ground and said we only needed one to share.  They both defeated us.  Aidan's was a lovely pink creation, but I didn't enjoy it that much.  Mine was the chocolate mousse things again.  It's called l'intense.  And it lives up to that name.  It nearly killed us and we only ate a third between us.

Mike got the rest!

Aidan posing in front of Marie Antionette


Aidan prepares to taste her dessert

After that I managed to get through my crazy afternoon by having two meetings cancelled.  Yay!  Got some work done.

I drove the car home and made some dinner for Toby and me.  Mike was working late but I was trying to lure him home.  I sent a photo of the meal I made along with the salad.

Come and get it, Mike!
But that wasn't enough.  So I thought I'd send him a photo of me to lure him home.  I knew Aidan had taken one of me at lunch so I asked her to send it to him, saying this is what he was missing at home.

So, she did.  She sent him this:

Dynamic Angela at lunch
I asked if he got it, and she replied that he said "kbro" and she thinks he might be drunk.  I was so confused.  I went to collect Mike from town as he decided he needed to come home.  And when I found him, I asked if he got the message with my photo from Aidan.  He said no.  But when he looked, he saw the message and saw it had been read.  And then figured out that Toby's iPad also receives the text messages.  So Toby had got the one of me with Aidan's message saying "Come home to your beautiful wife" so Toby had replied "kbro".  Poor Aidan.  No wonder she thought Mike was not himself.  He wasn't!   Hahahah.


 Mike got home in time to eat some too.  Well, I watched him eat.  He was in a good mood and laughed lots as we chatted away.

This morning is lovely here.  The harbour looked beautiful in the early morning orange sunlight.  The view from my desk isn't too bad either.

View from my desk this morning

Some of us are going horse riding this weekend for Christine's birthday (that was in March).  The weather looks good.  I want to take Toby (if he is well enough) to see the new Avengers movie.  Sally - you want to join us Sunday morning?


Have a great weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment