Monday, May 11, 2015

The weekend with Mothers Day

Hi,

Toby did so well without Mike to prompt him for Mothers Day.  Mike packed and left early Saturday for his tramp.  I tried really hard to get lots of housework done.  Honest.  Well, I made headway in the laundry mountain.  And I did clean the main bathroom really well.  And tidied a fair bit.  But other than that, not a lot else.

Turns out Aidan and I didn't go out in the morning.  Archery practise was cancelled because of a huge tournament, and that obviously meant the other things we had planned were no longer on the agenda.  But Toby was far better and his appetite came back and I spent a fair bit of time making him food through the day.  Yay for a healthy Toby.

Come 5pm I got ready for going out with Ange, Serge, Celia, her parents, and James (Celia's boyfriend).  I went and picked up Benjamin for his babysitting duties and then collected Ange.  We got to Shed 5 quite early but enjoyed chatting and people watching.  Eventually the others arrived and we settled down to chat.  The staff were so slow giving us menus.  We were there a good 30 minutes (I mean the others - not me and Ange) before they gave us menus.  Very odd.

The food was superb!  I had the ceviche  as my entre and the seared tuna as my main.  Scrumptious.  I got an extra spoon and had a taste of Ange's dessert too!  Mmmmm.  All great food.  And when we split the bill, it was so cheap.  Weird.

Dresses all round!


Celia nearly fell off her chair when she saw me in a dress.  So much so that we needed to capture it in photographic evidence.  I even have huge boots on!  Such a girly girl!

By the time we left after 11, and I dropped off Ange, and took Benjamin home, it was late when I finally fell asleep.  Probably close to 1am.

So, it was a groggy Mother that tried desperately to greet her excited son with enthusiasm on Mothers Day the next morning.  I think I managed it.  Toby gave me a present (a recipe book!) and we looked at it together.  Then he said he'd make me a tea in bed.  And he went outside the door, then leapt back in and threw a cut out letter "T" on the bed and laughed and laughed.  I thought it was a great joke too!

Then he really did go and make me a real tea.  The first time he has made me one on his own.  It was perfect.  Really milky, but perfect.  Then I said I'd love some toast.  He went away for a little bit before coming back with a big bowl of Weetbix.  Said he couldn't find the bread.  I was happy.  He made it just the way I like it, with cold milk.

"T" in bed!


After a lazy morning I went out to see Sally and Andrew and collect feijoas from their trees.  I had a cup of tea and ate all their other feijoas they had picked for themselves.  They are really rather tolerant of me.

I went back via the supermarket to do some grocery shopping and bumped into Kirsty (from a ski weekend last year) and she told me that it was illegal to do ironing on Mothers Day (my afternoon plans).  Then I dropped off a bag of feijoas at Aidan's letterbox.  I just missed her because she found the feijoas a few minutes later when she left her house.  So she texted me to say I couldn't possibly iron and she was coming to get me to take me to see Christine and Victor for her first horse riding lesson.


Aidan gets Vistor to obey her every command

And Aidan tries to obey Christine's every command!

No, that way, Aidan!

Good fun to watch.
I had fun watching and taking photos and chatting to Brian and wee Tom.  Aidan really enjoyed herself, judging from the big grins I saw from time to time.  It is tough work riding a horse.  At one stage Victor decided Aidan had pressed the throttle and started trotting and bucked a bit.  You should have seen Christine spring into action (as did another spectator) to head off Victor if he decided to really start going.  But Aidan was as cool as a cucumber.

Aidan helped put Victor away (brushing him down) and putting his cover on before leading him to his paddock.  Then she dropped me home and I cooked tea for Toby before heading to the family dinner.  Another scrumptious dinner, which I only just finished when Mike rang wanting a lift home from the ferry terminal.  So I hurriedly left dinner and collected him.

He'd had a cold, wet tramp all weekend.  Meanwhile, 80 km down the road here in Wellington, we'd had lovely weather.

Mike is off to Chch today.  In driving rain.  Lucky the pilots can use instruments!

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment