Friday, May 29, 2015

The Thursday with nothing

Hi,

Well, on Wednesday my manager left without any notice, so it made for an exciting day.  I did manage to catch up with him yesterday morning for a coffee and find out a bit more about what happened and why.  He thinks it is for the best of the company and has his reasons.  It'll be interesting to see what happens next.  How exciting!  Sort of.  Well, that sort of thing doesn't happen every day.  So it is definitely a little bit unusual.

I also met up with Aidan for lunch at one of her favourite places - Wagamamas.  Funny how she is off to London on Sunday and Wagamamas was one of our finds when we lived in London.  We used to love it.  Loud, noisy, fast-paced.  Still suits me ok too.

The evening went by in a relaxed flow of cooking tea for Toby and finally filling up our gas bottles for our hob.  We have been on our last bottle for ages and we were sure it would run out when Mum was here cooking (she always used to have it run out when she was over).  I popped the two empties in the car and swapped them for full ones.  Then I got some urgent groceries.  As I was unpacking at the garage, Mike called pleading for a lift from work.  Well, that might not be true exactly.  He was happy to try a bus or taxi.  So I put the groceries back in and drove down to get him.  That way he could help me in with them!  See?!  Sensible, eh?  Hahah.

Mike worked on preparation for a job interview while I made spurious comments as I tried to get to sleep (sort of).  Mike has also become obsessed with a Eurovision clip of some Swedish chap signing some Swedish song from one of the heats of Eurovision.  He watches it over and over and chuckles.  Weird man.  Mike.  Not the Swedish chap.

Slept ok.  Had a great ride in.  The roads were dry, the sky was clear, no wind.  Perfection.

Sunrise this morning looking into the Hutt Valley from my commute


Mixed Business iced coffee with Mike

This weekend should be great.  It's a long weekend here.  I have booked the Forest and Bird Lodge on Matiu/Somes for Saturday night.  I'm going there with Christine.  We'll eat junk food and walk around lots.  And probably snuggle in sleeping bags a lot as it will probably be freezing!

Not much else on for the weekend though.  Might try and get some running shoes - my old ones are getting a bit past it.  I also need a pair of shoes for trekking in Nepal.  Yep - sounds like a plan.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment