Friday, May 8, 2015

The Thursday with lunch and tea that made things all better

Hi,

Well, work threw a spanner in the works with a bit of a mess.  But after some concerted effort in the morning, it was mostly cleared up and won't happen again.  Did cause some headaches for people though.  Oops.

The weather was pretty bad - with it chucking down rain quite heavily at times.  But I managed to get away for lunch to meet Aidan.  And didn't get wet while walking over her way.  But we were a bit undecided about what to eat.  We tried two places before settling on a third place.  I ordered a vegetarian curry and roti.  I was expecting lentils - which I like.  I got vegetables, floating in a curry.  Potatoes, carrots (shudder!), pumpkin and cauliflower (eeeewww).  Aidan just looked at me like I had rocks in my head, because she knows what I like and dislike.  It certainly made for some laughs.  I ate my roti and dipped it in the soupy curry.  And Aidan gave me half of her roti too.

I drove home to collect Toby to take him to the doctors - again.  Turns out the tests were inconclusive (not giardia, not something else that Mike mentioned that you only hear about in the news so I was pleased it wasn't that!).  So, this doctor ordered more tests including a blood test.

I am guessing that at some stage today we will have to go home and collect a sample and bring Toby in for his blood test too.  Poor kid.  This doctor thinks it will go away by itself and it probably a viral stomach bug.  Oh!  Ok.

Right.  I need some tea.  Lots of tea.  I have so much work to get through.

Lucky the weekend is almost here.  Mike is off tramping.  It's Mother's Day and I suspect I don't want Toby doing any food prep.  Hahah.  Maybe I'll buy myself a present tomorrow.  I am going to head out in the morning with Aidan (I think).  But I might see if I can get Toby out to a movie.  Or pamper him in some other way.  And I certainly hope he is ok for school on Monday.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment