Monday, May 25, 2015

The weekend with Eurovision

Hi,

What a relaxing weekend, really.  Up early Saturday because I was slated to lead Mike's daywalk should he still be too sick.   He was unsure right up until he met all twenty punters and his endorphins kicked in and he found out he was enjoying himself.  He turned to me and said "I feel well enough - you can go home".  So off I scooted.  Housework and Toby beckoned.

After lunch Emerson and Duncan came over to play with Toby.  I only saw them when they wanted something to eat.  I nipped out to collect Mike and some urgent groceries (milk and Doritos!) including my breakfast needs for the next morning.

Aidan popped in to collect the boys and chatted over a cup of tea.  She is off to the UK for a conference from next weekend.

Mike and I were in bed quite early but up early for Eurovision!  We watched it live on YouTube.  We did miss Graham Norton's commentary.  But it was ok.  We read a live blog on The Guardian and that made up for it.  We loved it.  Mike made me bagels with smoked salmon and cream cheese and a wonderful cup of tea.

Breakfast!

Eurovision in the closet!

We stayed in bed watching Eurovision for hours.  Australia was in it, and didn't do too badly.  Great fun!

I eventually got out of bed and went for my run.  Not a bad time considering on the way back I felt a bit sore in my tummy.  Perhaps bagels aren't the best preparation food.  Hahah


Kowhai gets planted outside our lounge window

We got into the garden and planted the kowhai where we could see it.  Right next to our dying kaka beak.  Although Mike reckons now it'll flourish and we'll have two plants right next to each other.

The afternoon was glorious.  So warm.  Doors all open.  T shirt weather.

Stunning day

Early night for me and I'm sure I heard rain during the night.  But this morning was beautiful.  However my hands got so cold riding in.  I could barely feel my hands.  I need my long fingered gloves out for the winter - but at the moment they are covered in spider webs and I was imagining putting them on in the dark in the garage and riding in, and looking down to see a swarm of baby spiders crawling up my arms.  So they stayed in the garage.  Hahah.

I saw a dusting of snow on the hills across the far side of the harbour this morning.  They were backdropped by a huge bank of dark clouds that looked to contain even more snow.  If it had have been brighter, I would have stopped to take a photo.  But my fingers were already numb and I don't think you could have made out anything at all.  It's in my mind though.  Lovely.

After the heavy rain last night - a beautiful morning


Enjoy your week ahead.  Mike's mother arrives tomorrow evening.  It's Grandparent Day at Toby's school on Friday.  Yay!  He'll be chuffed.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment