Monday, May 4, 2015

The weekend with horse riding for Christine's birthday

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Friday night we watched a parody movie of the Hunger Games called The Starving Games.  It actually had a few laugh out loud moments, so I did manage to make it to the end.

Next morning Mike was up really early to get ready for tramping.  He woke up at 5.30am.  Wow, I thought.  He's really going to do this.  But, he didn't.  He read the entire internet, even that wee bit he usually doesn't bother reading.  Until 9am.  Which is when he had told me he had to leave.  So, he jumped in the shower.  When he was done, he wandered around in my towel for a while, sorting out his life.  I asked why he had my towel and he said he thought it was his.  So, all week he had been wondering why it was wet every morning.

Right.

I always have the left hand side of the towel rail.  Turns out, for 20 years, (or however long we have been sharing a towel rail) Mike reckons he has been using the left hand side towel.  Actually, I don't think so.  I would have noticed in the intervening 20 years.  But, anyway.  He says he has the towel on the left because that's where he sleeps in the bed.  Hahahah!  Weird logic.

I have him sorted now.  His one is beige this week!  We're going to use colour classification from now on.  And the fact my towel is always on the left.  :-p

He left, eventually, and Toby and I got ready for our fun.  Toby seemed to be better after his stomach upset.  Yay!  I dropped him off at the Tabor house with Lex and the boys and collected Aidan.  We drove to Johnsonville, and met Christine after driving around looking for a car park for the day.  Found one up beyond the police station.

Soon we were collecting Celia and people were checking gear.  And off to Beachbrook Stables (Gillian is an ex work colleague) to get our horse riding in.  Aidan had decided (and rightly) that it was a great birthday present for Christine.  Given Christine's birthday is March 7th, it is an indication of the busy lives we lead that this weekend was the first weekend we could book in.

It was great fun!  My horse was called Sara, and had a tendency to lash out at other horses with her back feet.  So I had to make sure other horses kept away.  And she was a little naughty.  But she was well behaved for me this day!

Aidan was on a white horse and Christine was on a huge horse.  Yeah - I know nothing about horses.  But I think Celia was on a pony.  Her horse was small - but went like stink!  Hahah.


Selfie riding a horse


Celia on her pony

Aidan, Christine and me
Iced coffee in Otaki


















Me, Aidan and Christine after the riding



We had a great ride up and down the beach.  We got on the horses and walked down the road to the beach (maybe a kilometre).  Great fun!

Everyone that knows about horses and riding (that is, Christine, Gillian and the handlers) all thought Aidan was a great rider.  Said she was a natural.  Had a great stance in the saddle.  Aidan was quite taken with the riding and wants to go out with Christine on Victor now.  Yay!


 Brian took a photo of the three of us after the ride.  Very nice.

I got an iced coffee in Otaki.  Aidan even tried some and quite enjoyed it.  I took a photo of her enjoying my iced coffee, but she said it wasn't allowed on the blog.  Not sure why - I thought her obvious enjoyment of the iced coffee goodness was wonderful.



Back home and Aidan had to take Lex and Jane to the station for their train ride home.  Josh got home just as I was playing with Lulu.


View from Aidan and Josh's house

Toby and I headed home for the night.  Next morning Toby felt a bit worse again.  But we went to see the Avengers movie.  Had a bit of a bother at breakfast at Mama Browns.  We asked if we could eat before our movie.  They said yes.  But we had to leave before we saw any food.  Shame.  I tried to pay but they wouldn't take it.  We'll be back.  They were lovely.



Waiting for breakfast at Mama Browns
 Movie was good - first one was better.  Most one liners were ok.  One bad one made me glad Toby didn't understand it.

Back home and Mike was home soon enough,  I had a mountain of laundry and ironing.  Shudder!  Made it through though.

Toby is sick again today.  Off to see the doctors today.

Have a great week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment