Monday, April 13, 2015

The weekend with Mike and Toby leaving, then my parents leaving

Hi,

It was a great weekend, despite everyone leaving me.  I had Friday off work and even with the pouring rain, we decided to drive over to the Wairarapa.  I had forgotten we were going to visit Aidan and Janne and has a cafe in mind.  But Mum reminded me so we teed that up and popped into see Janne for a cup of tea.  It was so nice!  Mum and Dad were pleased.  Then we turned around and drove back.

William popped over and he stayed for tea and played with Toby.  I think it made Toby pretty happy.



View from Aidan and Janne's place
Their front porch

Mum was tired but still keen for karaoke.  So we went out at 7.30pm and found Celia, Serge and Dave and we sang up a storm for 2 hours.  Woot!  I drove Mum home and then Celia to her car at the train station.

Karaoke!


Saturday was great fun.  Mike and Toby were up early to pack for their week away tramping.  Eventually they were all packed and Josh, Emerson and Duncan arrived to take them away.  So far it sounds like they are having fun.  Mike bought Toby size 11 US tramping shoes!  He's a giant.

Then I collected Aidan from her house and back to collect my parents and we drove over to see Vivienne.  We had the yummiest lunch.  Chatted away for hours.  Played with the dogs.  My parents were so happy.  Made me happy too.  It was Aidan's first time visiting Vivienne and Joshn's place.  I think her eau de Lulu was a huge hit with the dogs.  She must smell way better than me.

Mum and I had an appointment for a facial so we had to leave.  I dropped Dad and Aidan off at our house (Moby was there) and then continued into town for our appointment.  They were running late but it was lovely.

Then I dropped Mum home and dashed off to collect Serge and Paul and drive out to Aotea to Celia's party!  Woot!  More fun!  Had a great time.  Thanks Celia.

I'm partying with royalty


I got home late and snuck in, hoping not to wake my parents.  I felt like a naughty teenager.  Hahah.  Had a great (if short) sleep in Toby's old bed.

Woke up and went for my run.  Did a personal best.  Yay!  Then showered and relaxed before Sally arrived to take my parents to the airport.  We left them at the drop off place and I had tears in my eyes. But then I watched my mother try to get the automatic doors to register her presence and giggled my tears away.  But I miss them already.

Sally had a perfect plan for cheering me up. Lunch with her and Andrew at the Dowse.  Their iced coffee was pretty good.  I had Eggs Benedict and enjoyed that.


Lunch with Sally and Andrew

Iced coffee to forget my sorrows at everyone leaving me

 Andrew raced off to meet John for golf and Sally and I walked back to her place and then she drove me home in the wee white car.  Such a cool end to the weekend.

I watched Downton Abbey for hours before falling asleep super early.  The heavy rain and wind at 3.30am woke me up.  But at 6am it was ok again and my ride in was dry.

Time to start the week.

Have a wonderful week yourself.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment