Friday, June 19, 2015

The Thursday with Onslow College open day

Hi,

Well, there was quite a bit of frantic logistics yesterday.  Toby went to swimming and left his lunch behind at school.  So Mike bought him lunch and drove it to him at the pool.  Wow - what a dad!  At the other end of the day I was going home by taxi and grabbing the other car and driving out to Scots to collect Toby for the Onslow open day starting at 5pm.  We were going to be late and Mike was going straight there from his work.  But, Toby came home via the school bus and I caught a normal bus to the library and from there we went to Onslow.

Mike and I found Onslow to be a bit average, really.  Nothing stood out on the evening that made us sit up and take notice.  However, Toby seemed to love it.

Back home for some homework and reading before bed.  I woke up at 5am for my run, to hear pouring rain and high winds.  I rolled over and went back to sleep for thirty minutes.  Hahah.  I also decided to catch the bus at 7am, that's how yucky it still was.  The good thing was though - I bumped into Sally running over the road to get her coffee.  Yay!  Bonus!

The weekend looms.  Mike and Toby are off tramping to Powell Hut.  I am going to the Wellington College Open Day tomorrow morning.  Then frantic housework before a pot luck dinner at Serge's place on Saturday night.  I have booked in brunch with Ange for Sunday morning.  Mmmmm.  Brunch!  Better fit running and ironing in there too.  And a cup of tea with Sally and Andrew sounds like a grand idea for the Sunday afternoon.

Right.  Time to kickstart the day.  Enjoy your weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment