Friday, June 26, 2015

The Thursday with quiz night

Hi,

Happy birthday to MisshyShell today.  Wow!  I can't believe it.  Wish you were here, Michelle.  Mind you, it is freezing.  Just like your last visit.

After a rather hectic day looking after Toby and getting through a crazy work day, it was time to relax with Ange and Celia and some other friends at a pub quiz.  A fund raising venture at heart, but for us a social occasion, we enjoyed ourselves.

We met after work at the Sprig and Fern pub on Tinakori Road.  I had a couple of apple juices while the others tried the beers.  And maybe a cider or two was had.  The food was good too.  We probably should have discussed strategies and all sorts for the quiz ahead.  But it was more fun to hear about Amy and Martin's adventures (both ahead and the ones they just had).

Soon we were off to the Speights Ale House for the quiz.  But I think it is no longer a Speights pub.  Anyhow, we were one of over twenty tables.  Gee!  Huge task ahead.  But we did well.  Got fourth place!  Ooossshh.  Turns out there is an Australian band called "Peking Duk".  Wild guess on my part - never heard of them.

My best get of the night?  Well, nothing as embarrassing as knowing the name of the actor in CHiPs that played Jon (ssshhhh!).  But I did know "Jumbo" was hello in Swahili.  Hahah.

Ange took me home and I was pleased I didn't need to walk.  It was so cold.  Still, and deliciously cold.

Went for my run this morning and did a good time.  Happy with that.

The weekend is also coming.  Yay!  I need a break.  A recharge.  Mike is off tramping and Toby and I have a few plans.  I am using my pedicure voucher tomorrow (Sally will be pleased to know) and then we want to buy Toby a suit from an op shop for his Halloween costume this year, see a movie and pretend we're snowbound and eat fresh baked bread and maybe lots of chocolate.  Also have lunch at Ange's place on Sunday.  Yep - a good weekend approaches.

Have fun yourselves!  Enjoy it.

View from my desk this morning



Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment