Monday, June 15, 2015

The weekend with Mike away on Survival Night! Oooooo

Hi,

Well, Friday night went as normal.  Watching a movie.  That sort of thing.  And Saturday morning Mike was up early to get ready for Survival Night.  It's a bunch of people from work and an excuse to get together and eat meat and drink - but in the bush instead of the local pub.  Well, that's what I can make of it.  Early translated to more Internet reading time.  So, in fact, it was Toby's haircut at 9am that got us out of the house in a timely fashion.

Iced coffee at Mojo on the waterfront

I think Toby was feeling cold after his haircut because his hoodie went on.  From there we went to see the new Bluebridge ferry.  They had an open day.  It was great fun.  I got to go on the bridge!  Woot!

Smile, Toby!

Stunning weather

Open day on the new Bluebridge ferry

Game of "keep the balloon off the floor - and roof" with the helium balloon from the ferry

Mike left at around the same time as Toby and my movie, so we dropped him off at 12.20 at the train station and we went to see Jurassic World.  Great fun!  Toby said it was a 9.5 out of 10.  Wow.  I thought it was ok.  I quite like Chris Pratt.

Sunset

Love walking around in barefeet when I've cleaned.  You don't pick up bits of rubbish on your soles.

Back home to relax.  Toby and I watched Tin Tin the movie in bed.  And slept like a log.

Sunday was quiet.  I moved furniture around in Toby's room and went for a run.  What else?  Luxing.  The usual.  Laundry.  Mike got home around lunchtime and I did ironing while he went for a run and I watched David Attenborough.  Great way to spend your ironing.

Homework in the afternoon/evening and Mike cooked a yummy tea with his survival rations that he brought back from the wilderness.

Bit of a damp ride in this morning.  Brrrrr.  Southerly has kicked in.  Not as cold as Dunedin today though.  Bit of snow there, I hear.

Have a wonderful week,

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment