Monday, June 22, 2015

The weekend with lots of little things on

Hi,

What a weird weekend of activities.  Eclectic mix.  Friday night was Toby's school dance night.  Ange dropped Mike home after work and Toby got ready.  We dropped him at Queen Margaret's college and we went to a great Italian restaurant for dinner.

Dinner Friday night
 We were just having dessert when I texted Sally about my creme brulee.  It was cappuccino flavoured and made to look like one.  Heaven.  And I haven't had one since Strasbourg over 15 years ago.  So I texted Sally and she asked us to order mains for her and Andrew and they came and joined us.  Woot!

Collected Toby from his dance, dropped him and Mike home then drove Sally and Andrew home.  Sang all the way back!

Next morning we were up for the Wellington College open day.  Guess who I bumped into while I was there?  Mike and Adam!  Awesome.

Mike and Adam at Wellington College

We came home and had family discussions about high schools.  Wellington High gets the nod.  Then Mike popped out for groceries.  When he got back, I made enchiladas for the potluck dinner at Serge's house.  We went via the Tabor house.

Mike encouraged them to get the cocktails out.  Josh was shaking up a storm.  They all tasted like absolute rubbish and I was amazing at the ability for them all to keep a straight face while they tipped essentially poison down their throats.  But, who knows?  Different people like different things.  At least they had cranberry juice and I was very happy.

Mike was ensconced for the evening so I left with the enchiladas and went to Serge's house.  What a great party.  Woot!  Food galore.  Great.  Chatted away to people.  SingStar arrived but by then I had to leave to drag Mike away from people that wanted to go to sleep.  Well, actually, it was 10pm by the time I left with Mike and Toby.  I was impressed at the fortitude of certain people.  Not me.  I was asleep on the couch.

Next morning I was up for brunch with Ange and Roanne at Maranui.  Some miscommunication meant Roanne thought we were due there at 10.30am.  Oops.  But she had an awesome table.


Iced coffee at Maranui

Here we all are at Maranui

Back home and the boys wanted to do some walks to visit the miniature huts around Wellington.  There used to be a lot, and now there is only 4.
Through the bush in Te Aro valley


Crystal Hut

Aoraki Biv in Brooklyn

Mike proves he still can cross his legs

Inside and out

Robin Hut at Red Rocks

Knees!

Icebreaker
The one on Matiu/Somes counts as the 4th one.  And I saw that a few weeks back,  Yay!  Got the set.

Back home to iron while Mike ran.  Then we swapped and he ironed while I ran.  Great fun!  Then tea, homework and bed.  Although Mike and Toby watched a movie together.  It was a good movie by the looks, but my book absorbed me and eventually sleep claimed me.

This morning's ride in was cold.  I escaped the driving rain - just!  It was lashing against the window before I left, and then nothing on my ride in.

Snowy day forecast in the hills.

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Michelle has her birthday at the end of this week.  And then Ma next week.  Crazy June birthdays.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment