Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Tuesday and Wednesday with Mike's birthday

Hi,

Tuesday was Mike's birthday but we both had work commitments which meant his birthday passed us by in the usual blur.  He went out for drinks with some colleagues after work and I popped into collect him, and meant I did chat to him and some colleagues before I could prise him out of the pub.  But we did have a wonderful day off work together on Wednesday to celebrate his birthday.

I took the bus into town super early as I had a work breakfast meeting I couldn't miss.  Mike dropped Toby off at school then collected me.  We went to Oriental Bay and visited Beach Babylon cafe.  Mmmm.  I ate a second breakfast,
Great cafe - I'm coming back

Their iced coffee was good


I had the famous rosti eggs Benedict.  It was so good.  Eggs done perfectly.  The iced coffee was good.  I'd give it a 8.5.  It would be perfect on a hot summers' day.


Selfie where Mike looks like a male model

They are fixing the beach!

The council is fixing the beach at Oriental Bay.  They are trucking loads of sand in.  Wow!  We walked back from Babylon to Thrifty Car Rentals to check tyres.  Weird.  Then back to the car and we went home to get a few things before driving to Eastbourne for a coffee.

Boat sheds

Eastbourne feet


Eatbourne was stunning

From Eastbourne, Mike had a meeting, so I drove to the south coast while he attended his meeting on the phone.  We watched surf rolling in - it was beautiful.
South coast now - watching surf
 Then we collected Toby, Emerson and Duncan from school.  While I waited, I noticed this wee tree had managed to get a foothold in the mortar in-between the bricks.    It really showed how hard your life could be.  This wee plant is never going to grow big and strong.  Poor wee thing.

A plant showing how hard life could be


The boys did their homework while I went grocery shopping.  I came home and cooked up spaghetti Bolognese for them.  They are such appreciative boys - they can come to tea at our place anytime they want.  So polite.  Aidan came to collect them around 6.30 and then Mike and I waited for Benjamin and then went out to see Mad Max.

The film was non-stop.  Mike loved it.  Good!  I found it wasn't my cup of tea.

Busy day today.  Another open day - this time at Onslow.  6pm we have to be there.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment