Monday, June 8, 2015

The weekend with a first aid course for Mike

Hi,

Had a good weekend. The weather was remarkably good.  Cold, but not too windy and no rain that I noticed.

I drove home on Friday because Mike had the car in town and had drinks for a colleague that was leaving.  I didn't feel super well, so I took the chance to get home easily and collected a burger for Toby on the way home.

Next morning Mike was up early for his first aid course with Josh.  He has a new headtorch and was wandering around trying to impress me with it - by blinding me.  He's such a boy!

Mike trying out his headtorch in the bedroom

Emerson and Duncan arrived on the bus around 10.30 and we left pretty soon after that and headed to H2OXtreme.  I sat and watched the boys and lifted my feet off the ground every time the wave pool ran.  The waves lapped around my seat.  Hahah.

Toby managed to fit into a wee Police ride

Waiting for lunch
 We then went for lunch to a favourite place of Aidan's (according to the boys).  I had an iced coffee and Eggs Benedict but I was underwhelmed.  I may ask Aidan to go elsewhere if she ever recommends we go there.

Dangerous giving the camera to twelve year old boys

The boys wanted to go to their house to show off their new XBox console to Toby.  It worked.  He is now pestering us for one.  I lay on the couch and tickled Lulu and enjoyed the view before darkness fell.  I love the view from their house.  I like looking through the pungas to the harbour.  It's like imagining a time before all the houses were built.

The infamous punga


Mike and Josh arrived with burgers and we ate there before heading home.  I went to bed pretty early.  Next morning, Mike and Josh were away early for their second day.  I went to collect the boys from their house and then we were all off to Lazer Strike on Lower Hutt.

Toby and Duncan have a Fanta


After that we collected feijoas from Sally and Andrew's house (I had a cup of tea with Andrew) and then back home to wait for Mike and Josh.

Mike decided to cook tea for himself and Toby while I went to visit Christine.  The evening was stunning.
Venus and Jupiter above the monastery

Venus and Jupiter above the harbour
Roast lamb courtesy of Brian was excellent.  Mmmmm.  Back home and the boys were watching Army of Darkness.  Drivel.  Schlock horror garbage.  They loved it.

Great week ahead.  It's Aidan's birthday week!  Woot!  Hope she celebrates in style in London.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment