Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Tuesday with Gags

Who knew that lunch with someone could make you so happy?  I caught up with Gags for lunch today.  We figured out that we hadn't seen each other since October 2006.  So, that is pretty much easily the best part of a decade.  He still looks the same.  Being married and having two wee girls (twins!) hasn't changed him as far as I could tell.
Hi Gags!
Mike joined us and we chatted away and found out what he's been up to.  Turns out he is working at Mike's work.  Wellington, eh?  Funny wee place.  I worked with Gags in Melbourne and after we left there to come here, he left to live in Canberra.  And there he stayed.  Now he works for Microsoft and does CRM.  Great stuff!  Good on him.

The rest of the day went by fairly quickly after that.  I rode home and cooked tea for everyone.  Steak and salsa and potatoes.  Everyone scoffed it down.  We went for a nice long walk after tea all around and about Wadestown.  Saw Hamish doing some gardening.  Checked out the Side School and played on the strangely undersized equipment for old time's sake.  Went to the dairy for some lollies. (Well, Toby may have done those last two things).  Back home and off to bed.
Nostalgia
I loved that day!  Friends.  An evening walk.  A bike ride.  Yep - pretty happy.

And this morning I got up for my run and then Lulu arrived for a sleepover.  She was pretty happy to come over.  Josh will collect her tomorrow night.  He has a frantic travelling schedule.

I have dinner out with Fran tonight to celebrate my birthday.  Woot!  I am looking forward to that.  Seems as though I am pretty lucky with people around me to make life just that little bit special when you need it.

Right.  Time for tea.  And to read Andrew's blog about his weekend.  SAR weekend

Have a lovely day.  We've finally got a smattering of rain here.  First time in a wee while.  But it is still warm.  Had to sleep with the window open again last night.  Which was fine until some hedgehogs started fighting at 4am.  At least, they may have been fighting.  Hahahah.  Making an awful noise anyway.  Woke Mike out of his snoring so it must have been loud!

Love,
Angela

1 comment: