Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Wednesday with Christine's birthday dinner

Hi,

Hahahahah - when I have something to look forward to like dinner out with friends, it makes the day crawl along.  So, work yesterday took three days to finish.  Phew!  :-p

I did get out with Steph for an iced coffee, and we achieved a few things in our meeting.  So, all was not lost.  The quiz session with Ange is best left unmentioned.  Obviously we're not paying attention to current events at all.
Colonial iced coffee with Steph

Anyhow, I finally made it through the day and rode home.  I left Toby's specially bought sushi in the fridge at work and only remembered halfway up the hill.  I did contemplate riding back too work for it - but only briefly.  My mind computed the evening and I saw a chance to drive back and get it, take it home and then drive back for dinner.  So I kept riding home, a little annoyed with myself.


 When I got home, Toby informed me he had eaten McDonalds so I didn't need to drive back to work and get hias sushi.  So I thought I'd get it on my way home from dinner.  Drop in at work and pick it up, along with my running gear.

So, I got changed and left to collect Christine from her house.  Aidan was already at Avida and had secured a table.  We got there just after 6.15pm and caught up.  Chatted away about the Olympics (turns out Aidan had no idea what curling was all about) and hip concerns in the past that made Aidan feel faint, and stints in the army (not me - and not Aidan!).  Loads of things, really.  It was fun to listen to the chatting.

I dropped Christine off home and popped into work.  Not!  Turns out I left my swipe card at home.  So I went to the supermarket and bought a few crucial groceries (like milk!) and then drove home.  Got my swipe card and left the groceries with Mike and went into town to get my running gear and sushi.

Toby was already in bed when I got home (or the bath - but almost bed) so he now has the sushi in his lunchbox today.  I hope he likes it.

Slept well.  Woke to a howling wind.  The ride into work was only scary once - so not that bad. It is supposed to worsen during the afternoon - probably about when I ride home.

Ok.  Time to have a cup of tea.

Enjoy your day!

Love,
Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment