Thursday, March 3, 2016

The Wednesday with nothing much

Hi,

Well, work was work.  Normal stuff - nothing too crazy about it.  I enjoyed my ride home though.  The weather has been settled the last few days after some slightly less pleasant weather.  I got home and Toby had already walked Lulu.  I meant to make tea, but I got distracted by the Sky and telescope magazine that had arrived in the post.

Mike arrived to catch me still reading on the couch.  But we swapped places and I cooked tea while he read about the two faces of the Moon.  We ate tea and I am unsure where the evening went but I was fast asleep fairly early.  my Fitbit says I had 9 hours sleep.  It exaggerates.  But it was a good sleep.  Lulu seems to have switched to our sleeping patterns a bit more now.  Not Josh's early morning routine!

My ride into work was beautiful today.  I was so close to crashing as I craned my neck to catch a glimpse on every twist and turn on the ride down the hill.  Wondering if the next glimpse was a better view than the last.


The harbour this morning on my ride into work


But I made it to work in one piece.  Yay!

I popped into Facebook and I normally ignore all the new stuff they show me.  Well, maybe I did noticed the announcement on Tuesday that it was autumn.  I do love autumn after all.  But this morning I did see that today I have been friends with Aidan for 6 years on Facebook.  It has been a bit longer than that in real life.  8 years last month.  Even if social media says otherwise.  Hahahah.

Happy this occurred!  Well worth celebrating.

The results are out for the Kapiti Women's Triathlon and I came in the top 10 of cycle ride times. KWT  Ok - most of the other women also had to swim before they got on their bike.  So it isn't quite as impressive as it seems.  Our team (me and Phillipa) came in 4th in our category.  Not too shabby at all!  But if I train a bit for next year, I might be able to do better overall with a better run time.  That seems like a good goal!  Plus the Round Taupo!  Ooossshhh!

Wadestown hit the news yesterday:  School pick up didn't go to plan
 That would be a huge shock!  Hope everyone was ok.

Right.  Time for the day to kick off in earnest.  Enjoy your day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment